About the Art
This is a collage of three recent pieces I created from polymer clay as part of a series called “During the Pandemic” addressing the issue of mask wearing and the politicization of doing so.
Laurie Mika is an artist, instructor and author of Mixed Media Mosaics. Over many years, Laurie has created an original and easily recognizable style using polymer clay to create narrative mosaics and assemblage work inspired by both Medieval and Mexican folk art.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have a seven-point plan to beat COVID-19 and get our country back on track.
- Fix Trump’s testing-and-tracing fiasco to ensure all Americans have access to regular, reliable, and free testing.
- Fix personal protective equipment (PPE) problems for good.
- Provide clear, consistent, evidence-based national guidance for how communities should navigate the pandemic — and the resources for schools, small businesses, and families to make it through.
- Plan for the effective, equitable distribution of treatments and vaccines because discovering isn’t enough if they get distributed like Trump’s testing and PPE fiascos.
- Protect Older Americans and Others at High Risk.
- Rebuild and expand the defenses that Trump has dismantled to predict, prevent, and mitigate pandemic threats, including those coming from China.
- Implement mask mandates nationwide by working with governors and mayors and by asking the American people to do what they do best: step up in a time of crisis.